[Scummvm-devel] Small source restructuring

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Mon Feb 13 06:03:03 CET 2006

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

> [...] In the end,
> all versions of "make" suck to a degree, and I'd really prefer to use
> a modern build system instead, but that's less portable :-/

Did you have any particular system in mind?  I've been trying to
find a make replacement which fits all my needs, but still not
located the grail...  SCons seems like a step in the right direction,
but is still rather lacking in the autoconf department.  Also, I'm not
really convinced that integrating the build system with a Python
interpreter is a splendid idea.  Build (http://www.nongnu.org/build/)
seems to be pretty similar to what I want, but only exists at a
conceptual level AFAICS...

  // Marcus