[Scummvm-devel] Subversion is here!

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Jan 20 01:15:03 CET 2006

Yo folks,

to help structure the debate a bit, I thought I start a Wiki page on
the subject: <http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/CVS_vs_SVN>.

The idea is that anybody who's interested can fill in what they
believe to be arguments pro/contra  CVS/Subversion. In particular,
please differentiate: Good documentation available for CVS is an
argument "pro CVS", and not "contra SVN". "Only bad docs" or "No docs
at all" etc. would be a "contra SVN" argument.

Of course, this won't solve the whole thing magically, but it helps a
bit to see who thinks what, and it's IMO important to differentiate
between "pro CVS" and "contra SVN" (and "pro SVN" and "contra CVS").

I have absolutely no time left just now, I have several appointments/
meetings, so I only added a few sketches, to show how I think it
should look. I'll add my point later today when I have time. In the
meantime I invite everybody who's interested to participate.

Jonathan, I briefly considered to add your points, but I think I
better don't do that, because I may have misunderstood you etc. (and
clearly I am biased), so please do that yourself, please.