[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.8.1 release status

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Jan 25 08:14:06 CET 2006

Sounds all fine. You may want to use / update <http://
wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/HOWTO-Release> while doing that release
process. In past projects, I found that not having a well-documented
release plan was a major obstacle when the project grew and when new
people suddenly had to make releases. So it would be nice if that
document was relatively up-to-date.

Maybe we can also make a script that updates all files that contain
the ScummVM version automatically. Something like
   ./update_versions.pl 0.42.1b
and it updates README, main.cpp, Info.plist, scummvm.rc, etc.. That'd
ease the release process and would help ensure no files are
forgotten :-)

Oh, and also it would be good if this time we had some relatively
current daily snapshots for all (or at least all major) platforms
available before the release to ensure that it actually is tested...
it's a bit late for this now, but I'll try to put a current 0.8.x
based OSX snapshot online. Last time some annoying platform specific
bugs slipped into the release binaries because we didn't do proper
testing on all platforms :-/