[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.8.1 release status

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Jan 25 08:17:06 CET 2006

Ooops, I just noticed that the 0.8.x branch was already bumped to
0.8.1. That makes it slightly more annoying to provide a test
build... I understand the desire to make sure we don't overlook any
files, but IMHO the better solution is to have a script (see my
previous email that we keep up-to-date).

Then, a week or so before the release, we run it like
   ./update_version 0.8.1-pre

and we have time to fix any files that were missed by this update
(and adapte the script accordingly). And then just before the actual
release, we run the script again, knowing that it is current. What do
you think?