[Scummvm-devel] Make class String case insensitive by default?

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Sat Jul 22 18:55:16 CEST 2006

Max Horn wrote:

> I am wondering whether we should turn the comparison operators of
> class String to be case insensitive by default

If this had been a generic String class, I would have been sceptical of
the idea, but for a ScummVM String class it might very well make sense.

> P.S.: I am wondering whether *this* mail will draw any responses. Or
> if again nobody feels qualified enough / is interested / has the time
> to talk about or act upon it...

Well, unlike backend restructuring and file system nodes, the String
class is something I actually know I should be using more than I
currently do.

But had the question appeared a few weeks later, I really would have
been unqualified to answer. I'll be moving to another apartment next
month, and my ISP says that once my phone has been moved to the new
place it may still take another 10 days for my Internet connection to
follow... :-)

Torbjörn