[Scummvm-devel] Make class String case insensitive by default?

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 20:48:18 CEST 2006

Eugene Sandulenko wrote:

>> Case sensitive compares could still be achieved by using plain
>> strcmp, but I figure by switching the default, we could simplify
>> quite a lot of our code (most engine game detectors, config manager/
>> file classes, etc.).
> Indeed.

I don't see that much improvement in making it now always case
insensitive and if then someone needs case sensitive handling he should
use strcmp and/or for example implement has(Pre/Suf)fix on his own.
That's why I still would prefer to let the user set the mode of the
String class (case sensitive vs. insensitive).

// Johannes