[Scummvm-devel] Make class String case insensitive by default?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Jul 23 03:17:12 CEST 2006

Am 23.07.2006 um 03:07 schrieb James 'Ender' Brown:

> I like the idea also.
>
> A single bool, and one extra branch (assuming the default case to
> be an
> insensitive comparison, avoiding a jump) really shouldn't add an
> excessive overhead.

I don't see how this would work in general. If I have two strings,
one marked as "case insensitive", and one marked as "case sensitive"
-- how would they be compared in that model?

Or do you mean a single "global" flag that switches the comparison
mode for *all* strings? No, I won't believe anybody would seriously
suggest something like that :-)