[Scummvm-devel] Make class String case insensitive by default?

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 03:33:08 CEST 2006

Max Horn wrote:
> I don't see how this would work in general. If I have two strings,
> one marked as "case insensitive", and one marked as "case sensitive"
> -- how would they be compared in that model?

We could check both modes and then choose the mode to use out of that,
maybe if one is marked as case sensitive we should force a case
sensitive check, since it's a more special case than the normale case
insensitive mode.

Example:
Common::String a = "fOO", b = "foo";
b.sensitive(true);
// or

should always compare in case sensitive mode.

// Johannes