[Scummvm-devel] ScummVm Website

Ori Avtalion oavtal at bezeqint.net
Tue Jun 6 23:37:35 CEST 2006

Hi Peter,

First of all, thanks for your interest in the ScummVM website!

I'm already working privately on a redesign of the website to use CSS
instead of tables. I'm almost done, but having a few small problems. If
you're willing, I'd be glad to collaborate with you and iron out the
final issues.

The changes I made do not change any of the functionality or
look-and-feel of the website. Some of your suggestions, I think, are
trivial yet nessecary: Appropriate keywords in the header to aid search
engine indexing, linking the logo to the main page.

The RSS feed is also a great feature to have, but it will require a bit
of thinking. The individual news items are currently stored in XML
files. It's rather simple to just generate an RSS file on every request,
but *perhaps*, due to the high request rate, it would be better to cache
the RSS file in memory (meaning, generate it only when a news item is
updated).

I also like your suggestion of a screenshot's description on the main page.

Of course, any major change to the website will have to get the approval
of the devteam (CCed)

We've spoken a few minutes ago on IRC (I'm salty-horse). Keep in touch
with me so I could send you my work so far, help you set up Subversion,
and get you started with the hacking.

Cheers,
Ori