[Scummvm-devel] GOB2 MD5 sum

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Sun May 28 07:15:08 CEST 2006

On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 04:33:27PM +0300, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> On Sun, 28 May 2006 13:17:00 +0200
> Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch at suse.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > When starting my german 3-disk DOS floppy version of Gobliins 2 I get:
> >
> >   Unknown MD5 (a13892cdf4badda85a6f6fb47603a128)! Please report the
> >   details (language, platform, etc.) of this game to the ScummVM team
> >
> > Find an appropriate patch, which fixes this issue, for SVN
> > (2006-05-28) attached. Anyone who can submit it?
> Usually the best practice is to post patches to our patch tracker at
> sf.net. Though I've committed this patch.

Thanks!

> > At least the intro (including sound) works for me now, the story text
> > is not shown yet.
> Story text will be somewhat difficult to add without owning the game.
> So maybe later we will need more feedback from you, but not now.
>
> > The characters (called Fingus/Winkle in the german
> > version) in the game itself cannot be controlled yet and the menu is
> > not available, so it's not playable at the moment. But I think this is
> > a known issue, and is one of the reasons, why gob2 support won't be
> > enabled in 0.9.0.
> gob2 is not supported game yet. When we feel confident about some game,
> it goes to our compatibility page. Before that we don't encourage to do
> that.
>
> gob2 is in heavy development now, and intro is everything which should
> work now.

Ok. No problem. I'm patient. I'll check the compatibility page from
time to time to provide useful input at a later date.

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany