[Scummvm-devel] Non-hardcoded gameids

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Wed May 31 14:30:08 CEST 2006

Max Horn wrote:
[...]
>> So if the overlay doesn't support alpha, how does the user see the game
>> canvas through it? There must be some way of preventing parts (or all)
>> of it from being drawn.
>
> It's done by implementing the alpha blending manually. Not a big problem
> since things are drawn over a static background when the overlay is active.

Sorry, that's not quite what I meant --- if the overlay's colour format
doesn't have an alpha channel, how do you tell the compositor which bits
should be transparent or not? Or does the colour format *always* have an alpha
channel?

(And the GUI is all drawn on the overlay, right?)

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "Gaping from its single obling socket was
+- www.cowlark.com --+ original)