[Scummvm-devel] Hello and an introduction.

John Willis John.Willis at Distant-Earth.com
Sat Oct 7 23:31:44 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the rest of the team (well those that
don't know me) as my GP2X backend was recently signed off as just about good
enough to commit to SVN ;-). As I was invited to join the team as the
maintainer for the GP2X backend at the same time it only seems right that I
should give everybody a bit of a rundown of who I am.

My name is David-"John" Willis (nick DJWillis all over the place), 27 and I
am a Technical Architect by trade (whatever that means). I have hacked about
on and off with ScummVM for the last few years, firstly working on the GP32
backend when it's original maintainer left it and more recently building a
backend for the GP2X (Odd little Linux powered Korean portable games console
for those that don't know). I am quite active in both the GP32 and GP2X
scenes and I have a number of other projects I work on in those arenas.

Having got the ScummVM GP2X backend into a state where it had enough
features to justify being included in the core code I guess here I am, happy
to take up the role as it's maintainer, arbitrary improver and to make the
commitment to try and keep it up together and buildable for each release.

As I now have access to all the nice resources that come with being an
official dev, those that follow the GP2X port can expect to see all the
resources about it migrate over to the ScummVM sites as soon as I get a
chance.

I guess that is enough for now before this gets any more meaningless :).

Regards,

John Willis