[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.9.1 release schedule

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Oct 9 18:28:48 CEST 2006

Am 09.10.2006 um 11:24 schrieb John Willis:

[...]

> There are a number of issues with the port in HEAD however the code I
> backported last night to branch-0-9-0 is solid with one major
> exception.
> Save support is broken as I removed a hack from the core savefile
> code and
> have not coded a clean way to do what I want from the backend yet
> (place all
> saves by default in %scummvm_root%/saves rather then the R/O %home%
> dir.
> whilst letting the user override the setting in the config).

Other ports set a default save path in base/commandLine.cpp, function
registerDefaults(). Actually, I am not happy with the way that is
done (esp. the UNIX code path is not good as it is), so I plan to
revise the way we do that eventually... by keeping all code doing
that for the various ports in one spot (using #ifdef), it's a bit
easier to figure out how to do it properly...

Of course, it might not be possible for your port to do it this way,
in that case feel free to tackle the issue differently :-)