[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.11.0 release plans

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Dec 5 11:17:18 CET 2007

Hi Eugene, hi all,

> Here is the rough release plan:
>
>   December 6th  -- testing season announced. We concentrate on bugfixing
>   December 19th -- code freeze. Commit to both branches, only bugfixes
>   December 27th -- branch. Trunk unfrozen
>   January  4th  -- tagging
>   January  8th  -- release
>
> So if there are no complains, we will stick to this schedule.

Well, I have no fundamental objections, however, it does seem to be a bit
quick to me. Being very close around Christmas / New Year's Eve. How about
shifting this schedule by one week back? I.e. I don't think that the only
alternative to this schedule is a release in February, is it?

That way, we would likely have more port build ready the day we release.
Or not? While we do indeed have a proven history of supplying binaries
even after the day of the release, I think that is a *bad* history.
Ideally, one wants to have all binaries ready, for maximum impact (press
and all).

Some more time might also allow us to get the manual into a usable form,
too. Which then might allow us to tag 0.11.0 with a certain other version
number ... ;).

Then again, maybe we should indeed tell everybody we will release on the
8th, then postpone it secretly to allow all those porters who only started
on the 7th to update their ports to catch up with us... *ggg*