[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.11.0 release plans

neil at millstone.demon.co.uk neil at millstone.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 11:37:06 CET 2007

> Agreed. For the sake of our porters here is the new schedule:
>
> December 6th  -- testing season announced. We concentrate on
>                  bugfixing
> December 19th -- code freeze. Commit to both branches,
>                  only bugfixes
> December 27th -- branch. Trunk unfrozen
> January  11th  -- tagging
> January  15th  -- release

Current status of the DS port:
It works just fine in SCUMM games, tried AGOS engine over last weekend and it just crashes on engine start.  This seems to be partly to do with it's use of the C library call time(), which doesn't work in the DS toolchain.  I had a go at getting rid of all these and replacing them with OSystem::getMillis(), which  instead of crashingm the game still sat at a black screen, but going round and round the game loop.  I will be looking at this further when I get more time.  It takes quite a while to get this stuff working without a debugger, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

I also noticed some other issues in the front-end since I last looked at it (duplicate games appearing in the game list?).

Personally, I would much prefer more notice than a month when new version is to be released.  I would have liked to have a stable beta out for testing two or three weeks before the release date, but with five weeks notice on the release, this seems unlikely this time round.

It should be possible for me to fix the bugs in the time available (unless some of the bugs are really nasty) but I'm not sure why we can't decide on release dates three or so months in advance and avoid the rush.

Great job on the new stuff, by the way, looking forward to playing some Elvira on the DS!

- Neil