[Scummvm-devel] Add user submitted GUI themes to trunk?

Filippos K philipk79 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 21 21:32:20 CET 2007

Hello everyone

I was having a look at the GUI themes wiki page:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/GUI_Themes

They are all nice, but almost all of them are outdated. Perhaps we could add them to the trunk, with a script/batch file that would convert the current modern theme to the respective user submitted themes? The images themselves in each theme don't need to be changed, only the theme's ini file needs to be updated. I already have such a batch file for Windows (but it only uses the GNU rpl, so it's portable if someone wishes to port it to *nix), which creates the modern blue theme from the modern theme.

If it becomes easy to maintain all themes, wouldn't it be nice to include them in the main ScummVM archive (they're quite small anyway) or in the downloads page? The wiki doesn't seem to be a good place, not many people use those themes, it seems (e.g. noone up to now has complained that those themes are outdated).

Thoughts?

Cheers
Filippos Karapetis (md5/thebluegr)