[Scummvm-devel] More demos on demos.php & Wiki ?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Feb 12 16:27:49 CET 2007

Hi folks,

two things recently came to my mind, both related to demos. As you know,
often it's useful to have access to demos -- for example, I was able to
fix some endian bugs in SCUMM HE games yesterday with the help of a demo,
even though I don't own the actual game.

As such:
1) Might be nice to extend the Wiki entries for all games by links to
demos, if available; use the same links as provided on
<http://www.scummvm.org/demos.php>

2) Extend <http://www.scummvm.org/demos.php> -- for example, I believe we
do not link all demos available on <ftp://ftp.humongous.com/humongous/>.
No demo for Ween or Gob2 is linked, etc.
(We could also move this demo page to the wiki, however, I personally
believe that it's not quite as good looking on the wiki. Mabe one of these
days we should get somebody to write a custom styleset for MediaWiki,
which makes it look a bit less like Wikipedia and a bit more like
www.scummvm.org)

Bye,