[Scummvm-devel] Google Summer of Code

Kostas Nakos knakos at phys.uoa.gr
Wed Feb 28 20:14:41 CET 2007

Max Horn wrote:
> 1) If you think this is a good idea -- please state so, on the list.
It's a very interesting prospect. I support it.
> 2) Now, if we want to proceed with this, we must prepare an
> application. Details can be found on <http://code.google.com/support/
> bin/answer.py?answer=60303&topic=10727&ctx=sibling>. Maybe we should
> create a Wiki page for that, too, on which we, together write this
> application. Does that make sense?
We certainly need some kind of multi-user editing capabilities. I'm not
sure how well Wiki handles simultaneous commits and such. I think google
docs does a good job on this (or an cvs/svn server perhaps?).
> * We need a web page (on the Wiki? listing our project ideas/
> proposals (maybe taking my previous email as a starting point). Any
> volunteers to get this started?
Task ideas are crucial and a lot have been proposed. We need to write
them down. Also important is how we address each question in the
participation application example (given in the SoC documentation); we
also need to draft this and have a consensus.
> Anybody interested in acting as a mentor, possibly restricted to a
> specific task/project?
I'd be glad to participate but there is some unpredictability over
whether I'll be available at all in late summer (early august+). If
you've shortage in mentors, count me in.

Regards,
Kostas