[Scummvm-devel] Smacker to DXA conversion

Keith Scroggins kws at radix.net
Wed Jan 24 19:41:29 CET 2007

> Thoughts?
>
> Also, would it make sense to create a seperate DXA SF.net project, where
> documentation for DXA and a simple encoder / decoder, plus possibly more
> advanced codecs for it, would be hosted?

I think it is a good idea, but why not make this part of the tools chain
already in existance for ScummVM?  What is the major drawback behind this
being part of ScummVM?  The tool chain is 'basically' unsupported,
correct?

As far as being a separate project, it might be useful as such as long as
companies continue opening their older sources up for the general public,
then people can continue either porting these sources to modern OS, and
not have to worry about having the RAD libs to use the smacker content.

Keith