[Scummvm-devel] Adding disk space required to wiki

Henry Bush sourceforge at spookypeanut.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 15:19:40 CEST 2007

Hey guys,

I've got some spare time this week, so I thought I'd do some wiki
stuff. I've been looking at:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Documentation/TODO
and one thing that I think would be really useful is the "Disk space
requirements". I was thinking how this should be done, and I think it
would be best to add an "Uncompressed size" row to the Game
Description template:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Template:GameDescription
It should state which game version is being referred to, where
multiple exist. It could consist of several lines for different game
versions, but I guess there's *usually* a maximum of 2: floppy & CD.

Does this sound like a sensible idea?

I feel like it would be as useful (if not more so) to record the
compressed size, but that can vary so wildly depending on quality
settings that I wouldn't know where to start...

Henry