[Scummvm-devel] RFC: Flexible keymapping via new EVENT_ (post 0.10) (Serhiy Batyuk)

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Fri Jul 13 14:08:53 CEST 2007

"Max Horn" <max at quendi.de> writes:

[...]
> After all, confusing UI are bad (but I think the confusion can be
> minimized in this case, in particular, "pause" would be "pause" even in
> fight mode), but not being able to pass a section of the game due to a
> lack of input mapping certainly is worse...

What would guarantee that "pause" is still "pause" if new higher
priority actions are dynamically added?  After all, "pause" would
have to be rather low priority since it's never(?) needed to complete
a game.  If there are not enough buttons to have both "pause" and
fighting buttons, and fighting buttons are needed to complete the
game, "pause" needs to go.

  // Marcus