[Scummvm-devel] ATTN. Porters. Changed list of files to include

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Mon Jun 11 12:21:57 CEST 2007

Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org> writes:

> On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 22:56:33 +0200
> Marcus Comstedt <marcus at mc.pp.se> wrote:
>
>> When is this file "pred.dic" read?  In the DC port, the files on the
>> distribution CD are no longer avaiable after you have inserted the
>> game CD (which you need to do to launch the game), as there is only
>> one CD drive in the DC...
> Hmmm... That's not convenient then. It is read at first predictive
> input launch. So in your case this is better to put on game CD. Taking
> in account that currently it is used for AGI games, I suppose that your
> game CD will contain more than one game, thus the dictionary could be
> shared among them.

Are the AGI originals only available on floppy?  If the user needs
to convert the game to CD format himself, it makes sense that he
might as well add the pred.dic file in the process (although I suppose
this would have to be documented somewhere).  If there are CD
originals which can't be played because of this without reburning
them, it would probably be better to support putting pred.dic on the
distribution CD and caching it in RAM until either needed or discarded
(by the unloading of the AGI plugin).

  // Marcus