[Scummvm-devel] GSoC Filesystem API

David Corrales corrales.david at gmail.com
Thu May 3 04:41:05 CEST 2007

Hi everyone :) My name's David and I'll be doing the Fileystem API redesign
for the 2007 Google Summer of Code.
Being a redesign, I'd appreciate all the input I can get on what's needed,
missing or plain broken. If you're a porter or involved with file
manipulation, don't hesitate to send me your thoughts and feelings about the
current implementation. I have discussed some points with Fingolfin, but I'm
missing a lot of developers for sure.

I created this page with information about the project:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_talk:David_corrales

If you can help me out with testing for an specific platform, that'd be
awesome. Currently, I've set up testing environments for linux/windows, but
say, Playstation 2 is out of my league.

Finally, I already started with a patch that makes the use of abstract
factories to create FilesystemNode objects. I've uploaded it to the specific
branch:
http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/scummvm/scummvm/branches/gsoc2007-fsnode/.
Please try it out to see if you get any compilation/logic issues.

I'll keep posting updates (not spam of course :) ) to this devel list as
they happen, to get proper testing and spread the news.

Thanks a lot for your time :) -David