[Scummvm-devel] To our GSoC students: please read this

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun May 6 15:00:13 CEST 2007

Hi folks,

the GSoC will start in about three weeks. I would like to recommend
that you all read the following thread:

<http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-discuss/
browse_thread/thread/dbd1aef2749e179c>
and in particular also
<http://googlesummerofcode.blogspot.com/2007/04/so-what-is-this-
community-bonding-all.html>

We will require you to regularly communicate with your mentors during
the GSoC, reporting on your status. Regularly here means about
weekly, more often if you like. Even (or maybe, especially) if you
for some reason didn't manage to do as much as you planned -- don't
hesitate to talk about this and other problems you may have with your
mentors. That's part of what they are good for. I hope none of you
will perceive this as a major burden -- it is meant to help you, not
to annoy you.

One way to do this would be to write regular blog posts. That way the
whole community can track your progress (and give you cheers,
too :-). We might in fact require all students to do so, but this
hasn't yet been decided. If you think this might be a problem, drop
us a mail.

While I am at it: Here you can get a sneak preview on how the front
of the T-Shirt will likely look (I like it *g*): <http://
googlesummerofcode.blogspot.com/2007/05/feel-logo-love.html>