[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.10.0 release soon

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sat May 19 18:50:57 CEST 2007

Hi Team,

unfortunately Fingolfin's call for documentation writers still haven't
brought any significant contributions, I'm thinking to postpone our
1.0.0 release and still create 0.10.0.

We got quite a lot of new features, and it seems that this release will
have biggest number of new engines in our history. Another nifty
feature is DXA support in Sword and SCUMM engines. Also several of our
ports got a significant boost.

So I would like to know your opinion about releasing a new version.

Still there are number of questions. Please, give me current
information on areas which you manage in our project.

o AGOS engine. As it was mentioned by Kirben, he needs 1 - 1.5 weeks to
  finish current cleanups and extensions

o Parallaction engine. Peres says that he would like to have it enabled
  soon and that it works quite well at least with DOS Nippon Safes

o AGI engine. It is quite solid, and we will get a SoC student to work
  on it soon, only thing which prevents me from enabling it is adding
  fallback detection. I will try to do it in next few days

o NDS port. Is it ok? There was recent 0.9.1a release, I hope it could
  be easily backported to 0.10.0

o PS2 port. Does it still work?

o PSP port.

o WinCE port. Kostas also released an updated version recently. I hope
  it works well

o GP32 port. Well, well. Promises to release it in 0.9.1 were never
  fulfilled. I am afraid the situation did not improve. Moreover, Won
  had his mailbox overfull in last time

o PalmOS port. I have no status info on it

o DC port. Same. No info

o Symbian port

So what do you think about this?

If there will be no real objections, I would like to start release
preparations soon, so the schedule will look like this:

  o May 23rd -- release testing starts. Bugfixing period starts
  o May 30th -- code freeze. Only bugfixes are allowed
  o June 5th -- branching. Trunk gets unfrozen, so GSoC students can
                experiment if they did not request separate branch
                earlier
  o June 10th -- tagging
  o June 14th -- release

Any suggestions and corrections are welcome.

Eugene