[Scummvm-devel] The new COPYRIGHT file

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu May 31 22:37:55 CEST 2007

Am 31.05.2007 um 22:25 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

> On Thu, 31 May 2007 21:42:58 +0200
> Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
>
>> Hm, good point. I guess I will have to restore those partial
>> copyrights on the affected files. If anybody is aware of other
>> "special" copyrights that were removed and should be re-added,
>> please point them out to me.
> Which leads me to question about:
>
>   SAGA
>   CinE
>   CruisE
>   AGI
>
> i.e. engines, which we adopted from existing projects. Should we
> mention at least in COPYRIGHT file something like this:
>
>   Many files in engines/saga/ directory are based on work of:
>   The ReInherit Engine is (C)2000-2003 by Daniel Balsom.

Depends on what the specific agreements with Mr Balsom were/are.
Under what license was his original code released, how did we get
permission to use it, etc. -- it might be sufficient to just list his
name in the COPYRIGHT file.

Are we talking about code which was verbatim copied from Daniel
Balsom? W/o knowing more about the details, I can't really say more.

>   cinE Engine is (C) 2004-2005 by CinE Team
>
>   cruisE Engine is (C) 2004-2005 by CinE Team

The "CinE Team" is no legal entity, so that header is void from a
legal point of view. The person behind it is already listed in the
COPYRIGHT file anyway.

Bye,