[Scummvm-devel] Less memory-aggressive plugin management

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Fri Nov 9 16:24:57 CET 2007

"Max Horn" <max at quendi.de> writes:

> Hu, it does? I understood Marcus as saying: "This will not benefit the DC
> backend", not as "this won't work on the DC". Specifically: "However,
> there's no potential to use the split approach you describe here to speed
> up the DC port. "
>
> But I am sure Marcus will correct me if I am wrong :-).

You understood me correctly.  Having two objects per plugin works on
the DC, but the strategy for using them needs to be different
(i.e. the loading of the "real" object should not be deferred on DC).
So we wouldn't need two parallel build systems, just two
implementations of some of the logic in plugins.cpp and main.cpp.

  // Marcus