[Scummvm-devel] Idea for debug feature: Borders around blitted rectangles

Thierry Crozat thierry.crozat at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 13 23:12:32 CET 2007

Le 13 nov. 07 à 19:55, Ori Avtalion a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Going over the google android documentation, I noticed a debug
> setting:
>
> "Show screen updates - Flashes a momentary pink rectangle on any
> screen
> sections that are being redrawn. This is very useful for discovering
> unnecessary screen drawing."

Actually there is a very similar application (Quartz debug.app) in
the Apple
developer tools that shows screen updates in bright red or bright yellow
depending on the options (e.g. only show identical screen updates).
As a matter of fact developers working on a mac can already use it with
ScummVM.

> And, of course, what color should the lines be?

I find that usually bright red or bright yellow is good and in most
applications
we see it very clearly.

Thierry