[Scummvm-devel] New Release (aka 0.11.0)?

Kostas Nakos knakos at phys.uoa.gr
Sat Nov 17 11:06:55 CET 2007

Max Horn wrote:
> On Fr, November 16, 2007 01:20, James 'Ender' Brown wrote:
>> Late Jan/Early Feb would fit well with a '6 monthly'-ish release cycle,
>> and the iPhone port and new engines certainly qualify.
>>
>> I too would like to see the GSoC mixer changes in the trunk.
>>

> Well, those would be nice, but what I last saw from them was far from
> being usable for production. And since nobody is working on that right
> now, I don't think we'll be able to include it in a January release!

I agree, the improved sound output will be tricky to have it at
production-ready status, given the date of the release. Let's not rule
it out yet: it mainly needs speed optimizations (fixed point
implementation) and testing of course. We'll see how Timothy fares with it.

> Rather, I'd be very much interested in seeing the Tools GUI stuff as part
> of our next release (as part of the tools package)! This would help soften
> a weak spot we had for a long time now, one concerning far more of our
> users than a (possibly) improved mixer quality.
> For this we (a) need to merge this GSoC project into the trunk and then
> (b) it would be nice if it was improved/polished. It's already usable but
> far from being great, as it still has rough edges.
> Anybody interested in working on that?

The tools gui will definitely be a valued addition. I have asked Sean to
update the branch so that it can be merged and he promised to do it.
I'll ping him again and check on the status.

Kostas