[Scummvm-devel] Makefiles: devices versus tools

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Sep 30 12:35:24 CEST 2007

Am 30.09.2007 um 11:55 schrieb James 'Ender' Brown:

>> First off, I find the name "DEVICE_BUILD" highly irritating. At least
>> I didn't get what your point was initially. Shouldn't this be
>> "CROSSPLATFORM_BUILD" or so?
>
> I find "CROSSPLATFORM_BUILD" just as irritating, for it implies we
> have
> a base platform (we don't, just a base backend ;)

Well, I am not terribly fond of the name "CROSSPLATFORM_BUILD"
either. Although I disagree with the reasoning here: A "crossplatform
build" has a well-established meaning, after all (building a binary
for device B on device A). So the "base platform" refers to "device
A" here, and not to any backend.

Anyway, I'll remove "tools" from "all" for the time being and will
wait if there's an outcry about this or not ;-).