[Scummvm-devel] Kyrandia engine loading is slow on the DS

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Aug 24 18:59:28 CEST 2008

Am 23.08.2008 um 13:34 schrieb Bertrand Augereau:

> Well, if I got it right, the map is expanded when it is 66% full
> instead of 75% so this might have an impact, no?

You are absolutely right, I forgot about that -- though I *think* it
should be a rather minor point (I was considering making this more
easily tunable, too, BTW).
> I doubt this is an issue though.

Aye ;)
> Some changes should be done to the memory pool anyway that would
> have an influence on the hashmaps:
>
> * it should grow exponentially instead of linearly
>
> * it might have a template size_t parameter that describe in situ
> storage that is served before heap memory.

Well, I didn't touch the memory pool bit at all, so in this regard new
and old hashmap should not perform differently. Certainly something
one might want to investigate.

Bye,