[Scummvm-devel] Scummvm 0.12.0: Final preparations. Tagging in 20 hours.

Frantisek Dufka dufkaf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 15:28:28 CEST 2008

Max Horn wrote:

> Just so that I get this right: You won't be applying this patch and
> commiting, but rather will commit the path itself, yes?

Yes. It was same for 0.11.x, just the patch is commited. README tells
people to apply it for Maemo build.

> I really hope that the vkeybd GSoC project will allow us to get rid of a
> lot in that patch, which really touches tons of engines directly :/.

Yes. I will be happy to use it :-) Sadly I currently cannot help with
the development.

> Plus, it would be nice if the SDL specific changes could be turned into
> a subclass of the SDL engine, instead of patching the SDL backend code...

Yes. There even is such code done initially by sev before I came and
brought my unofficial port code with me. I'll do it properly when there
is a need for bigger changes (keymapper) and the chance of removing the
patch completely is real.

> BTW, is there a reason why  it adds yet another debian/control file,
> even though we already have dists/debian/control ?

Yes, Maemo uses different 'Section:' field and has nonstandard field
Maemo-Icon-26: added to debian control file. Also it has completely
different changelog and currently it is also built with different
options and packages different files (debian/rules). I don't think whole
debian directory can be merged with real Debian anytime in future. BTW,
I wonder where should I put it once the time comes :-)

> BTW #2: both debian/control files carry a bad description: "Description:
> free implementation of LucasArts' S.C.U.M.M interpreter", and more --
> the whole description looks completely outdated to me. Would be nice if
> those were updated, e.g. inspired by the text on http://www.scummvm.org/
> or in dists/redhat/scummvm.spec.in

OK, will check it. The port started from 0.8.0 version. And maybe the
description was even written from scratch.

Frantisek