[Scummvm-devel] Developers Bios Map

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Aug 28 17:26:05 CEST 2008

Am 28.08.2008 um 04:17 schrieb Matthew Hoops:

> Hi all,
>
> The old map of developers on the wiki's "Developers Bios" page
> (http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Developers_Bios) doesn't seem to be
> working right. Only Ender is on the map. ;)
>
> Well, I was looking at google maps today, and I noticed that you could
> make your own maps. So, I just tested it out using KML
> (http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documentation/kml_tut.html) with two
> points:
[...]
> And that became this map, which could also be embedded in a webpage:
> http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=107506273581356677573.0004557b636785d61c181&z=2
>
> I could add the rest of the developers, but I wanted to see what you
> guys thought first.

The Google maps part looks fine to me.

However, I am still concerned about the way people were added to the
list. Many were never asked. Hence I think we should drop *everybody*
from that list / map and only re-add those which explicitly agree to it.

Finally, note that to some degree, this map data is redundant with <http://www.ohloh.net/projects/scummvm/map
 >, so I wonder whether we really want to put in the effort to keep it
at all...

Bye,