[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.13.0 plans

Neil Millstone neil at millstone.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 23:46:18 CET 2008

Sev wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I would like to drop a short notice that I am going to initiate the
> release cycle this month. The release should be around end of February.
>
> We already have enough new code and games, still some work needs to be
> done with GUI, but even without that it looks pretty decent.
>
> For the curious ones of you, we will not announce DW1/2 support in
> 0.13.0. We are going to settle down the freeware plans first.
> Unfortunately it looks like we have to reinitiate most of the contacts
> as Ender simply ignores our requests to pass all the correspondence.
> Similar thing is with LEC lawyers' mails. Looks like we pretty lost
> those leads.  :(
>

> Eugene

Hi Sev, and team!

The beginning of next year looks like it'll be tough for me, since my project at work goes beta at the end of February.  Still, it may well be delayed, which would mean I can spend more time on ScummVM!

Which brings me to another thing - there is still no 0.12.0 binary for ScummVM DS.  I have working code, but because there were all sorts of brokeness to fix I didn't make the deadline.  I wonder if there's a chance to get a version 0.11.0a out on the downloads page, because the version that's there at the moment is ancient.

Anyway, I wouldn't want that to happen again to 0.13.0, or it seems like a waste of effort.

Regards,

- Neil