[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.13.0 plans

Vicent Marti tanoku at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 16:39:30 CET 2008

Hey Max, all:

sorry for my absence lately, I've been quite busy with school, since
exams are coming (in February, *sigh*) and this year they look scarier
than usual. Maybe I'm just growing old. I made very little progress
with the xml-to-binary parser; as you can see on the SVN server, the
parsing of <render_data> layouts is pretty much done, and comes out
really tiny and optimized. However, I'm kind of stuck with the parsing
of the actual layouts, since the layouts definitions heavily rely on
nesting -obviously, since they are written in XML, which is not that
easy to translate into a binary format.

I promise I'll look into it during these Christmas holidays, once I
have some spare time. Hopefully I can also push some last minute fixes
to the GUI before the release.

Cheers,

Vicent Martí
http://www.smartlikearoboc.com