[Scummvm-devel] Google Summer of Code 2008

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Feb 26 19:34:57 CET 2008

Hi folks,

as you may already know, this year there will be yet another GSoC.
See <http://code.google.com/soc/2008/> for details. And of course we
plan to apply again, considering the success of last year. And since
we know have some experience, I am confident it will actually become
better ;-).

So, the first step will be to apply for it, and we have to hope we
get accepted again. As a rule of thumb, if you were in the GSoC
before and had good results, your chance are very high to be accepted
again, so I am quite hopeful in this regard. This time, Eugene will
take care of the application, as I will be on vacation from Feb 28
till March 10, and the application deadline is March 12. (Eugene, the
old application is still on the Wiki, in case you need inspiration.
of course you can also wait with the submission till I am back, in
case you want to make sure I won't complain late about mistakes in it
*ggg*),

I already updated <http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Summer_of_Code>
a bit; see also <http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/
Talk:Summer_of_Code> (in short, I say there that I think we should
*demand* without exception to get weekly status report from students,
and kick them out if they fail to).

In addition, I started some work on the list of tasks <http://
wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/OpenTasks> (see also the discussion page).
While it's of course a bit premature to work on this extensively now
(we don't know yet whether we will be in this year), I think the page
will be of benefit no matter what, so let's work on it. So, if you
have ideas, shout!!!