[Scummvm-devel] Brainstorming about ScummVM Manual

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Jan 24 16:37:58 CET 2008

P.S.: I forgot to mention: The port specific pages should also be
easily exportable (whether they are made using the Wiki or DocBook)
to HTML / Text / PDF, so that the ports can include them.

P.P.S.: I tried to compile a more comprehensive list of things which
should be part of / could be used as inspiration for the port manuals:

PSP:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=2456 (eLoader compatibility)
SVN: backends/platform/ps/README.PSP

WinCE:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4144 (Another tutorial here
- worth a read)
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=936 (Sir Dave's PocketScumm
Manual -- note that he did not want to let us use it, but insisted on
porting it himself to the forum, and then sadly vanished :/)
Also note that thanius has begun working on this port manual

Symbian:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SymbianOS_FAQ
SVN: backends/platform/symbian/README

PalmOS:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=3334 (GloKidd's PalmOS manual)
http://capers.free.fr/en/home.php?g=ScVM

PS2:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=1044 (Tutorial: How To
Create A ScummVM PS2 DVD)
SVN: backends/platform/ps/READ_PS2.TXT

DS:
http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/

iPhone:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4752

WinCE:
SVN: backends/platform/wince/README-WinCE.txt

Dreamcast:
SVN: backends/platform/dc/README

For an overview of existing platform / port pages in the Wiki, see
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Category:Platforms
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Platforms
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Platforms/Overview

(and note the discussion pages of these, I think three pages with
very similar purpose are one o two too many ;-)