[Scummvm-devel] Google Summer of Code 2008

Kostas Nakos knakos at phys.uoa.gr
Sat Mar 1 12:28:43 CET 2008

Hello,

I fully support applying for GSoC again this year. Last time it was
a great ride and it's quite possible that it will be better this time
around.

With respect to the application, as we painfully found out last year,
we'll have to stick a structure of semi-direct answers as they are
outlined in the faq. Given our previous participation, the most
important questions we have to answer are those summarizing the lessons
learned and counter measures for our (near) misses.

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:34:57 +0100
Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
> see also <http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/
> Talk:Summer_of_Code> (in short, I say there that I think we should
> *demand* without exception to get weekly status report from
> students, and kick them out if they fail to).

I am generally against strict measures, also by taking into account the
slight looseness of the whole program, but I can see the merit in having
the students report more frequently and regularly. Perhaps this can be
decided on a case-by-case basis but, yes, the rule can be something
like that.

> In addition, I started some work on the list of tasks <http://
> wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/OpenTasks> (see also the discussion
> page). While it's of course a bit premature to work on this
> extensively now (we don't know yet whether we will be in this year),
> I think the page will be of benefit no matter what, so let's work on
> it. So, if you have ideas, shout!!!

Good work. I have a couple of vague ideas as well, I'll see (and we'll
talk about them) if we can formalize them.

I can help wherever you'd like me to and I'm up for mentoring as
well :-)

Cheers,
K.