[Scummvm-devel] Introducing spookypeanut

Henry Bush scummvm at spookypeanut.co.uk
Sun Nov 16 20:54:39 CET 2008

Hello all,

Some of you will have seen my work in the past, but here's my official
introduction email. I've been mildly involved in ScummVM since doing
some work on the AGI savegame system back in January 2007
(https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1631229&group_id=37116&atid=418822),
but in August 2007
(http://t7gre.blogspot.com/2007/08/welcome-to-my-blog.html) I started
work on reverse engineering The 7th Guest. Jvprat soon joined in, we
discovered Scott was doing something similar (but in C#) on the other
side of the world and got him involved, and as of a few weeks ago, the
games is completeable (though not without issues, naturally ;-).
As for the future... well the engine used in The 7th Guest, groovie,
was used in four (or possibly five) other games
(http://code.google.com/p/t7gre/). Once T7G is good to go, the plan is
to move on to them (jvprat has already started work on the movie
format, which changed from T7G (it's used in Quake 3, I believe)). The
big problem there will be that all of them use 16bit colour, so one of
the first issues will be to get that working (nicely) inside ScummVM
(as has been discussed here only recently ;-).

And apart from hello, I want to say a huge thank you for all your
work. It's said a lot, but never enough! Thanks to ScummVM, I can play
these games on my way to work every morning, and it really brightens
my train journey!

See you around,

Henry