[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.12.0: Missing builds

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Tue Sep 2 23:03:45 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 18:52:53 +0200
Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:

>   July 14th: Feature freeze
>   July 21th: Branch, trunk is unfrozen
>   July 21th: Start of playtesting
>   August 18th: All ports should be frozen, prerelease binaries built
>   August 25th: Binaries uploaded to sf.net
>   August 31th: Release
>

> I.e. that meant 6 weeks for port updates and testing, plus one extra
> week for last minute stuff. Yet it still ended in a total disaster
> for quite a big number of bigger and smaller ports.
Indeed basically I could just go and release a month earlier with same
impact. Another thing which makes me wonder is that all ports in
question reported that they're OK.

This was a bit frustrating for me as a release manager to see the
outcome. Of course, I clearly remember and realize that we all are
volunteers, but still there is a need of coordinated work, at least in
some sensible way. Now it seems that even 1/9th of the year is not
enough for everyone to sync :(

Eugene