[Scummvm-devel] Streaming sounds in Scumm games

Max Lingua max at guetech.com
Sun Aug 9 05:14:52 CEST 2009

Hi there,

>> from a file can be done on the DC and PS2, too, with sufficient care.
>>

> I'm not 100% sure, but I think at least the PS2 backend does some file
> buffering.

Yes, we have read & write cache, plus a decent read-ahead policy ;-)

This was a requirement to play tough games (eg. comi) from remote
or CD. I guess it should help with streaming sounds too.

btw: Johannes, I am flying back to Miami during the night, I will try your
change to kyra.dat handling asap. Sorry not to feedback earlier but I
did not have access to any PS2 for quite a few days.

Thanks!
 -max