[Scummvm-devel] timing news postings

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Dec 23 17:41:08 CET 2009

Am 23.12.2009 um 16:33 schrieb Vladimir Menshakov:

>>> Simple: Post to -devel "I am going to announce this and that in N
>>> hours / days". Wait a bit, then post. This gives other the chance to
>>> shout "Wait, if you can hold it one more day, we can make a joint
>>> announcement".
>>>

>> Same opinion over here.
> Seriously doubt that we will ever have two engines released in two
> weeks :)

Err, we just had precisely that. And we are not just talking engine
announcements here, either; we had such "coincidences" in the past.

Anyway, folks, this is not a super-serious issue at all. I just find
it unfortunate that we waste some valuable "front page time" this way.
That's all. And it would be easy enough to avoid if people talked more
to each other :). Granted, this is a lot more complicated over the
internet than in your company, when you could just hop over to the
office next door and say "Hey Joe, I am going to post this news item,
anything you'd like to add?" :-).