[Scummvm-devel] FreeSCI has been merged in

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Feb 15 09:15:45 CET 2009

Am 14.02.2009 um 22:38 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

> Hi guys,
>
> There is nothing to explain much, everything was already explained.
>
> The FreeSCI repo lives in /vendors/freesci.
>
> Now guys, feel free to start working on it, perhaps I myself tonight
> will copy all relevant bits to an engine.

I started making some obvious changes (removing unused files, fixing
some basic compilations issues.)

Overall, though, I think that out of courtesy it might be better not
to rush ahead immediately, and first hear what the FreeSCI folks have
to say (I'm CCing freesci-develop with this one mail, but would prefer
if we don't crosspost afterwards, and I just hope that all interested
freesci developers already have or now will join scummvm-devel).

Things I am interested in seeing done include:
* Fixing all warnings
* Rename source files from *.c to *.cpp, and get rid of the %.c build
rule in engines/sci/module.mk
* Update all #include statements to use "" instead of "", and to
prefix sci/ or sci/include as necessary
   -> then get rid of the evil hack where -I being prepend to CPPFLAGS
in module.mk
* Find usage of SCUMMVM #define and resolve them, then in the end stop
adding -DSCUMMVM to CPPFLAGS in module.mk
* Rearranging the files under engines/sci: I.e. get rid of include/
subdir (just move its contents to engines/sci, at some point at least)
* Converting stuff from "C pseudo classes" to real classes
* Replacing various generic FreeSCI stuff by their ScummVM
counterparts. E.g. don't bother to rewrite engines/sci/include/
int_hashmap.h -- instead change code to use a HashMap<int, ...> etc.
* and more, I am too tired to think of it now ;-).