[Scummvm-devel] FreeSCI has been merged in

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Sun Feb 15 09:56:55 CET 2009

Max Horn wrote:

> For that matter, it would be nice if somebody update the wiki to
> reflect the SCI page. And folks, I think a news item might be a good
> idea, too, because people will see the commit anyway and report about
> it and there'll be questions on the forum. So better to tell them
> right away what happened, why, and what the status of the merge is
> (right now: not compilable ;-).

I think it should also be pointed out that even when it's compilable, it
will not magically make all SCI games playable. As far as I know, the
number of SCI engine developers remains more-or-less unchanged, at least
for now.

(I know that sounds silly, but it seems some people really do believe
that, just as some people seem to believe that a reverse-engineered AGS
engine would somehow work better than the official one.)

Torbjörn Andersson