[Scummvm-devel] SCI: Some more TODOs

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Sat Feb 21 12:51:55 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 12:17:01AM -0500, Max Horn wrote:
> P.S.: Does anybody (Walter?) know which games use the
> K_FILEIO_FIND_FIRST opcode, and where? It the only place left where we
> use sci_find_first etc.

Following Walter's suggestion on IRC, I checked the Quest for Glory 2
import screen, and K_FILEIO_FIND_FIRST is used there.
It is seemingly used to scan directories for character saves to import.

Some random notes:

After using the 'change directory' button in that screen (and then
choosing an empty directory), it is called with masks like
"/data/games/sierra/qg2\*.*" (note the '\' )

The files in the import screen are not sorted currently.  (While I'm
fairly sure they were sorted alphabetically in the original game.)

Importing doesn't actually seem to work right now.

-Willem Jan