[Scummvm-devel] ...to be or not to be?

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Sun Feb 22 18:04:55 CET 2009

Ciao Max,

> > One question: why do we need to check it more than once anyway?
>
> Man, you are persistent, aren't you? :-)

I am a Ockham seeking missile ;-)

> I finally managed to get it down to 1

Hey, I thought you were getting it down to 0! ;-)

> We are caching the nodes! But this doesn't help with your problem
> here, because we only cache the nodes, not its attributes; doing
> that is up to the Node implementation, i.e., the backend author.

Do you mean that I am allowed to cache "exists", "isDir" after
(of course) I checked them at least once?

That's good news!

Once we get the EOS madness and the new file cache-ahead
in place for PS2, I am going to do that immediately ;-)

Talk soon,
 -max