[Scummvm-devel] 2 questions about SCI

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Feb 22 20:27:25 CET 2009

Am 22.02.2009 um 12:58 schrieb Filippos Karapetis:

> Hello
>
> I got 2 questions concerning SCI:
> 1) There's code which adds an "About FreeSCI" entry in the menu (the
> MENU_FREESCI_BLATANT_PLUG define in menubar.cpp:268 and
> about_freesci() and _about_freesci_pages in kmenu.cpp). We got all
> of our contributors in a separate file, so it would be best to
> remove that menu entry and associated in-game credits, like in the
> rest of our engines

Wasn't a question supposed to be there? :-) OK, the question probably
was meant to be "Is it OK to remove that code?" or so.

My stance: Hooking into the SCI menu like that is kinda cool. But
yeah, we have our own in-game menu, so I guess it would be OK to
remove this. But maybe Walter or Lars think differently?

> 2) There are 2 hardcoded fonts in the code: gfxfont_5x8 and
> gfxfont_6x10. It seems these are not used by the games themselves,
> but were used by the FreeSCI menus and options screens. Can these be
> safely removed now?

If everything builds without them, then yes.

Bye,