[Scummvm-devel] back to the launcher!

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Mon Feb 23 22:18:13 CET 2009

Hi there Lordhoto!

> > Is there an official way to return to GUI Launcher when
> > we quit a game, instead of quitting ScummVM tout court ?
>
> We have a GMM (gobal main menu) now, which can be used
> to return to the launcher from within games.

Yes, I recall reading about that in the dev-list and I will
surely give it a shot! (btw: does it work on low-res? ;-)

> It can be opened via CTRL + F5

I will think of something useful on the PS2 joypad ;-)

But my point was (I am aware that few people were against):

 is there a way we can make an exception on the PS2 and get
 back to the Launcher when a user "quit" a game?

I know, quit should mean -quit-. But it's a lengthy way on
the PS2 to get back to life and few users requested that
behavior. We could make it "user-definable", so they can
choose if the semantic of "quit games" means "reboot" or
"back to launcher" on their PS2, which would allow them
to exercise their freedom.

Please let me know.

Thanks!
 -max