[Scummvm-devel] last browsed path [browser_lastpath]

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Feb 24 04:25:31 CET 2009

Am 23.02.2009 um 15:36 schrieb sunmax at libero.it:

> Hi there,
>
> browser_lastpath is honoured on PS2 (at least something works ;-)
>
> but your browsing experience is going to be sub-optimal...
>
> ...cause when you do "Go up" the content of the parent folder does
> not show up and you have to navigate all the way to the root and
> then down to see the contents.

Sounds as if your FSNode code is buggy.

> Let me clarify.
>
> Let's assume last browsed path is "mass:scummvm/monkey2/"
>
> We want to add a new game (let's say "mass:scummvm/indy4/")
>
> When we choose "Add game" the content of browser_lastpath
> is displayed correctly, but as we "go up" (to mass:scummvm/)
> it shows us an empty list, we have to go up again to "mass:"
> and then down to "mass:/scummvm/" to see the entries again.
>
> IIRC it used to work with in 0.12.0. Maybe something is
> missing in my ::getParent.

Sounds like it, yes.

Maybe your code gets confused by too few / too many (trailing?)
slashes... That's a typical problem.

Am 23.02.2009 um 15:44 schrieb sunmax at libero.it:

> Hi there,
>
> can somebody explain me why do we allow to have nodes of non
> existing files (I christened them "anti-nodes") in the cache
> list of the gamedata? So that we have to re-check again their
> existence?

It shouldn't do that, and I just verified that it doesn't do that over
here. Once again: Check your FSNode implementation, a bug in there
would explain what you are seeing :-).

> btw: this is now optimized on the PS2 backend ;-)
>
> But still I wonder, why don't we just build a cached map of
> the gamedata folder with nodes only for the existing files?

We do exactly that :-).

Bye,