[Scummvm-devel] Volunteer for organizing the T-Shirt design contest

Thierry Crozat (Yahoo! Mail) thierry.crozat at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 21:22:59 CET 2009

I like Dan's T-Shirt mockup (I am giving my opinion as a ScummVM user
and probable future ScummVM T-Shirt owner; I am not a team member).
And it seems I am not the only one. But this doesn't prevent us from
running a contest if there are volunteers to organise it. Maybe
somebody will get an even better idea for the T-Shirt.

I had a look at the sourceforge hosted apps, and they have Gallery 2,
which as its name suggest can be used to display photo albums. One of
the feature is polling: "The owner of an album can choose to include
a poll where visitors can vote on which image they think is the best,
or what they think of every image. Results can be displayed at the
top of the album or only to the album owner." It seems to fit the
bill (you can even decide not to make the poll result public to avoid
questions such as "the polls  gave picture A as a winner, why did you
choose picture B for the T-Shirt?").

I am not familiar with sourceforge hosted apps, but it seems to be
easy to enable and then use.
I can help with the contest if needed, but I think enabling such apps
and using them (e.g. adding the pictures to an album) can only be
done by a ScummVM team member. And I suppose this is the same for
posting a news item on the web-site. Also it seems to me that the
ScummVM team (or one representative from it) will have to take
decisions in the end (e.g. for how long should the contest run? who
is the winner?). Therefore if no ScummVM team member step up as a
volunteer I say go with Dan's idea. Otherwise we can think of
organising a contest and I will be happy to help.

As for a prize for the winner, it seems to me that having it's
picture on the T-Shirt is a good reward already. You can decide to
also offer him a free T-Shirt (this seems a polite way to thanks the
winner for its contribution) but I wouldn't go further than that.

Thierry